And DONE with the first trimester.
I must admit, I was a tad concerned that carrying three babies instead of just one would lend itself to little relief from my first trimester exhaustion and nausea, but that hasn't proved to be the case. At twelve weeks I noticed that I wasn't quite so tired every day, and yesterday I even made plans to make hamburgers (from raw meat!) this weekend. Definitely progress!
That said, The belly is growing by leaps and bounds. At my 10 week appointment (which must have been much more than a month ago, right?) I measured 12 weeks and on Monday at 13.5 weeks I measured 19 weeks. That is a lot of belly growth in such a short time! I know this will only continue at a crazy pace, but it does account for all the stretching and pulling and discomfort that I didn't have with the first two.
Since I now look obviously pregnant, people who don't already know the news feel comfortable noting my pregnancy with questions and comments. Now that I am no longer in total shock, I really enjoy telling people that we hope to grow our family to five this fall. Favorite mean trick? "Ohh, I didn't know you are expecting number three!" or "So, you are expecting number three?" is to say, "No." I just wait a moment for the confused look I'm bound to receive before I drop it, "We are expecting numbers three, four, AND five." Then I delightedly behold the inevitable dropped jaws and shocked faces that follow.
While I am not looking forward to the sleepless nights that lay ahead, I'm definitely enjoying whatever I can of this triplet pregnancy.
1 comment:
you are too mean! :) Wow. I know you don't know me in person, but some "Comparative" belly shots from your other pregnancies would be really cool!...just in case you're taking suggestions :)
Post a Comment