
Charlotte has been quite a blast lately, as she seems to pick up new stuff faster than Fred and I can blink. Every day she walks more and more, delighting in her new skill. Of course, when something calls for speed, she still crawls faster than lightning!
This morning she picked up her PJs (oops, Mommy let them fall to the floor) and decided that they were better than any toy. When not wearing them over her shoulders (like some funny pink footed wrap), the PJs made a great prop for a game of peek-a-boo.

These days she flips through her books like a pro, sometimes turning pages faster than I can read them! She delivers slobery, wide mouth baby kisses accompanied by a "MWAAH" sound both when asked and often unprompted. She also likes to sit in mommy's lap and pretend to use the mouse. Her favorite word is "maa maa." No, not "Mama," think ma as in Maddie! She chases after the poor dog , pointing and crying, "maa maa." It seems my theory that Maddie would be her first word was pretty good! Maddie still puts up with Charlotte very well, especially as Charlotte learns how to be a little more gentle.
There's lots more, I just don't think I've recaped in a while. I can't believe how big she's getting - she's almost a year old! We hardly remember our life without her - such beautiful threads she weaves in fabric of our family!
2 comments:
that picture of you is gorgeous, elizabeth!!
Don't sound so shocked. Sometimes Charlotte does allow me enough time to throw on a little make up and do my hair :-)
...but thanks!
Post a Comment