Fred is working the hardest at the new house, while I keep busy here, where Charlotte cannot paint unintended walls, unless she finds an unattended crayon, of course.
I will be sad to move out of this little house; 2.5 years is the longest I've lived anywhere since I left for college almost 10 years ago. We had the joy of bringing our daughter home to the very same house my parents brought me home to, and I type this post from a room that was my bedroom until a few months before my 7th birthday. These walls hold so many memories.
Yet, as I pull down the photographs and decor and pack them into boxes, I feel much less attached to the walls surrounding me. The barren walls remind me that home will always be wherever my husband and daughter (and any other future children) call home.
All the same, I am itching to take many lovely baths in this new tub:
1 comment:
Awwww, sweet posting E. I think it's awesome that you got to bring MC home to the same house your parents brought you home to after you were born. But you're right...home is where you and your family are. It's funny...I feel the same way about Townplace that you do about your old house. I was a wreck when I moved out b/c I never lived anywhere in my life for more than about 2 years (I was obviously at Townplace for 4). And I had 4 of the best years of my life in that little 'ol place. I always drive by and check on "her" when I visit Aggieland to pay my respects. You might have to do the same with your old house. :-)
Post a Comment