So, I couldn't hold my news about this pregnancy in very long. I tried. I failed.
I have so much more excitement this time around, because I know how good the good things to come will be! With Charlotte, who came into being the first time Fred and I even thought about trying to have a baby, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into and the apprehension and excitement seemed to cancel each other out, at least for a time.
Today, at the doctor's office we saw our little baby's head, arm and leg nubs, and the thing my eyes were eagerly searching for - the tiny little flutter of a heartbeat. It was amazing. I feel so protective over that little tiny peanut and can't wait for him to get here!
The UNfun thing about the visit? A 5 cm cyst (much bigger than my blueberry sized baby) growing on my left ovary. I was assured that the cyst won't harm the baby and should go away on it's own as my hormone levels even out. Of course, this means another ultrasound in two weeks to make sure does indeed shrink. The biggest concern would be if it bursts or causes an inversion; I am told both would mean a lot of pain and a trip to the ER for me, and the second would require surgery.
I must have looked scared to death, because she reassured me that the chances of these things happening were very slim. Hopefully this means all will be well when I go back in a couple of weeks.
On the upside, another ultrasound means another peek at our baby!
God is Good!
5 comments:
Congratulations!!!
Oh my gosh!!! I am so happy for You, Fred, and little Charlotte!!!
What wonderful news. Indeed, God is Good!
Don't worry, E! Everything will be OK. :-)
yahoo! congrats Sanchez's! i'm routing for December so that the 2009 baby year will be complete! (7 babies i know of in the 7 remaining months!) i wish you all the best during this pregnancy.
Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!
Post a Comment