I was totally unprepared for how quickly Charlotte would turn into a chatterbox. In only a short few months she has gone from three word sentences to holding more complicated conversations. She often peppers these little conversations with little things that I'm surprised she remembers. Sometimes the conversations are just amusing. Today in the car, for example:
MC: I take my shoes off. I take my socks off.
Me: Yes! You took your shoes and socks off. Your feet are bare. Now you have bare feet!
MC: I have barefeet!
Me: Yup!
MC: I am a tiger, ROAR!
Me: Oh, you are a tiger?
MC: I am a tiger, not a bear! Not bear! ROAR!
I am also occasionally hearing a word I thought she'd NEVER pick up, "yes!" Mostly I still hear the word "no," but until recently she was just repeating whatever it was she wanted instead of saying, "yes." Today she pointed out that Hello Kitty has a tail. I asked her if Mommy, Daddy, etc. had a tail and she replied with, "no." Then I asked her, "Does Maddie have a tail?" and received a very enthusiastic, "yes!"
What a cutie; I love having conversations with my little munchkin.
1 comment:
too cute. little ones say the greatest things.
How is your pregnancy going?
-Erin
Post a Comment