1) This baby began sapping all of the energy from my body. I want to nap when Charlotte naps, and go to bed when Charlotte goes to bed. This makes it hard to fit in things like work, dinner, dishes, and blogging, especially when I'm busy doing #2...
2) Fighting Ticks. Sometime around the end of October we found three little ticks nestled together in the thick of Maddie's fur. Since that finding, we've been battling an infestation. At first, we thought we had it under control - flea and tick bath, spray the yard, an additional Advantix application, pitch her bedding in the trash can, vacuume nearly every day. All seemed well (or I was just blissfully ignorant or in denial) for about 2 weeks. And then I found more.
Did I mention that my sweet hubby is on the exact kind of DIY kick that our budget is mostly (or not yet!) thankful for? Since professional intervention costs money, upon the increased appearance of ticks on Maddie, we tried it all again. He even started researching chemicals he'd want to buy to do the house ourselves. After finding them in the house NOT attached to the dog several times this past week,
Anyway, Wednesday is operation KILL THE TICKS day. The dog goes to get treated and shaved at the while the house and yard are being sprayed. Right now an hour and a half of each day gets spent on picking ticks off of the dog and vacuuming the floors AND baseboards of the whole freaking house. That is a lot of time for a pregnant lady!
3)We're working on potty training. Around the house MC now wears big girl panties, of which she claims to be very proud. At first I was cleaning messes up off of the floor seveal times a day. We were finally having some success and then, over the holiday weekend, I stuck her back int pull-ups. Today, I was back to cleaning the floor, changing clothes, and doing laundry. Feels like square one.
4) Charlotte moved up into a big girl bed earlier this month. At first she didn't try to get out. And then she realized she could. Sometimes this isn't a problem. Others, she'll play on the floor with her toys all through nap time or for ages (it seems) after bedtime. Right now, I try not to care what she's doing so long as she's in her room and quiet. She hasn't quite figured out doorknobs yet, so I'm comfortable with that.
5) I love and hate the first cold snap we've had this year. I always enjoy the little bit of "winter" we get in Houston. This year, however, my personal heater has kept me from even wanting to wear long sleeves most of the time. Less than 5 weeks to my due date and I own 2 long sleeve maternity shirts, a cardigan, an old coat that's normally too large and now barely buttons, and one of my friend's hoodies that looks like it might still zip, though I haven't tried. I REALLY don't want to shell out money this late in the game - maybe I'll do some more digging through Fred's old clothes...or hit up Goodwill.
6) I'm totally done with pregnancy. Just done. I loved breastfeeding MC; it came so naturally, but I'm almost dreading it this time around. I'm ready for my body to be MINE again. The 3 months that it belonged to me between MC weaning and this pregnancy seem like a figment of my imagination. I want to go out and stay out late without madly missing my pillow and have a glass of wine and not care if it turns into 2 or 3. Some women love being pregnant. Me, not so much. I enjoy bits of pregnancy, but won't miss it one bit when I'm holding my baby in my arms.
7) MC visited her great-grandmother and namesake on her 93rd birthday. Charlotte seemed pretty enthusiastic to be there, "birthday cake" and all. "Mom," showed a little less excitement, but we loved seeing her all the same.
And that pretty much sums up whats going on around here. Maybe I'll have more energy for photos and posting in December...maybe.


3 comments:
what a busy Novemeber! My goodness. just five short weeks and you will have your little baby in your arms! you can do it!
so, i have to honest, i nearly fell out of my seat when i read your first bullet. i totally missread the very last sentence about doing #2. (get it?). my first thought was "wow, Elizabeth is so open and honest i didnt realize that was a side-effect of pregnancy"...then i realized you were talking about BULLET number two.
Erin, I just about died laughing. Thanks for making my day.
Hang in there girl...not much longer. BTW, you look GREAT...so don't fret. I only *HOPE* I can look as good as you when I'm pregnant someday! :-)
Post a Comment