...we should go.
So despite instructions from MC's pediatrician at her 2 year-year-old well visit, I have yet to make an appointment for or take her to the dentist. We brush teeth and everything, but just haven't done the dentist thing.
Anyway, fast forward to this morning when Charlotte had something in her mouth that she shouldn't have and hurt herself. I asked her to open wide and peered in, looking for blood. No blood, but I did see this big dark spot behind and in-between her front and eye teeth. I noticed that he spot covered a substantial section of both teeth and looked fairly nasty. My heart sank with that "I am SUCH a bad Mommy feeling."
I broke the news, "Oh, no, Charlotte, I think you have a cavity."
Ensue more crying and pleading, "I want my Daddy. I want my Daddy!"
I convinced her to come with me to the bathroom so we could brush her teeth and get another look. While brushing her teeth, something gray-blue barely caught my eye before swishing down the drain. Hopeful, I peeked inside her mouth one more time.
The verdict? The cavity that never was was, in fact, part of a blueberry from breakfast.
Whew. Now maybe I should get around to making her a dentist appointment sometime before her 3rd birthday.
1 comment:
Hahahahaha! OMG too funny! Make that appt now though...you won't get another get out of jail free card like that again!
Post a Comment