Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Random Ramblings

Have I mentioned that Frederick loves tractors?  Lucky us, our daily route when we are out and about takes us through a roadway construction zone! Yes, I find the closure of our super convenient to the rest of town freeway ramp to be a bit trying, but the extra five minutes driving through a maze of tractors, dump trucks, and cranes brings pure joy to the little man.  So much joy, that we have to "wave good-bye to the tractors" as we pass to keep him from throwing a tantrum when I won't go back to see them again.  Oh yes, before I learned this trick, we spent many a car ride with a screaming two year old in the back seat, "Go that way, Mommy! Go that way! See tractors!"

With everyone healthy, and my car to drive I finally made it back to the gym yesterday.  Sadly we were all well enough to head back again a couple of weeks ago, but I lost my card - I had to get up courage to tell them that I've lost my key card for something like the 5th time.  If the Y starts charging for replacement cards, it is my fault and I am sorry.

And to vent about the parking garage.  When we arrive before 5 there is a ton of available parking.  We even have a usual spot one floor up, right next to the stairs. By the time we are leaving, though, every available spot is gone.  Yesterday, before I had even opened my car doors someone pulled up and waited.  Seriously?  There is nothing I hate more than someone waiting for me to leave my parking spot.  What is the right thing to do? Hurry at all costs? Or take my sweet time? Who picks to wait for the lady with two kids, anyway? To make things worse I even had a few items to return to my friend Jill (who met us at our car), a check to write her, and a late birthday present to open from her, in addition to the usual buckle the kids, distribute snacks and get all of our things into the car, so that fell into taking my time no matter what.  Should I have yelled to the other car to carry on looking?  Lie and say we aren't leaving? Warn him that it might be a while? Or just laugh at him for making a bad choice.  Seriously the waiting car thing is such a pet peeve of mine.  Like a frazzled mom needs someone hurrying her along.  

And that has been our week thus far, in a nutshell.

No comments: