Saturday, January 12, 2013

What Might Have Been But I am Glad Isn't

The photo below is what might have been if our pregnancy had met our original plan to  have one more baby. This is what I imagined when I first saw the pink lines on a pregnancy test last March. This would have been Frederick's 3rd birthday picture - me with my three children.  


Instead the photo looks empty.  There are people missing.  Two important little people who I cannot imagine my life without.  This is the photo that would have happened had the fertilized egg not split*, that would have happened had not a second egg matured. It's a life I can no longer imagine.

Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE this photo.  I mean, who doesn't love having her face painted by a 3 year old and wearing a glittery abstract on her face all day and having a photo to prove it? I love the happy faces and celebrating Frederick, my three year old.

What if God had only given me the things I'd asked for in life? Its sad to think about the love we would have missed out on without ever knowing.

*I haven't done a DNA test on the girls, so they may or may not be the product of a fertilized egg split and be identical :-).

3 comments:

Kim said...

So do they look identical to you? IT's hard to tell from the pictures...

Elizabeth said...

It could go either way. They have always looked different to me, but not everyone can tell them apart. They seem to have the same features but different head shapes, so I vote they are identical. someday we'll test, but i enjoy speculating.

Tito Edwards said...

Beautiful pic, even if the other two toddlers are toddling elsewhere!