Monday, February 4, 2013

3 Months Old

Three months gone. Three months in and I feel a bit human again.  We can finally count on some order to our nights and days, at least some of the time.  With the emergence of an actual bedtime, at least there are a few minutes in every day that I can now reliably count as mine.  Now, what can a person get done in a few minutes? Not much. Spend a little time with Fred, make lunches, look up lesson plans for the week, watch an episode of a favorite TV show. Edit photos. Order things we need online. 

Blogging? Well, I think about blogging and the things I'd like to write and the memories I'd like to capture here. But actually blogging requires uploaded photos and a little free time.  But, may I present, to overload your capacity for cuteness, then and now photos of our three miracles.

Newborn loves
12 weeks old - Eleanor, Dominic, Cecilia
They are growing, too! The bows on the girls' heads were falling off in the top photo and are borderline too tight in the bottom one. (I love them and think I need to buy something similar in a larger size!) From leaving the hospital at around or less than 5 lbs, they have all doubled birth-weight. Cecilia claims the roll of family peanut and weighs (from this AM on our home baby scale) 10 lbs 12.5 oz, Eleanor 11 lbs 1 oz, and Dominic 13 lbs 8 oz.  Yes, Dominic has gained almost exactly 8 lbs since birth!

My first two babies gained weight like crazy, so these little weights seem like nothing when both Charlotte and Frederick weighed at least 15 lbs by 3 months old, and yet, I love it. I love having my little Cecilia fit so lightly in my arms, savoring her tininess as long as I can.

Though they were "term" babies, they still fall a few weeks behind developmentally than Charlotte and Frederick at the same age.  Yet they are smiling, cooing, batting at toys, holding their heads well, and trying to roll over. The smiles and the coos really make living with three small babies much more enjoyable! They even recently started cooing and smiling at each other. I can't wait to see how they continue to interact with each other as they grow.

Charlotte loves the babies so much she wants me to have twins next. Oh my!

Frederick loves the babies, but gives me a hard time about having my hands full with them all of the time.  In fact, they are full all of the time.  On the days when the big kids stay home with me, I there are no moments for myself.  The moment the babies fall asleep at the same time, I must shift my focus to whatever precious time I have with Charlotte and Frederick. I hate that I can't spend as much time with them as I used to.

And yet I love the days when they are out of the house.  Care of three babies, JUST THREE BABIES is so much easier than tending to all five.  Never in my life did I think that taking care of just triplets would be something I'd consider one of my easier tasks. I love the moments when I can focus on the babies, take pictures of them like above, talk to them and carry them about the house without having to tend to anyone else. The hardest part of having five children, five very young children, is feeling like there is not enough of me to go around. And yet, one day they won't need me so much and that too will be a sad day!

So, I am sure this has rounded out to being a pretty boring post, despite me always feeling as though I have something to write about.  Maybe more short posts as I feel more and more human. :-)

1 comment:

Kim said...

The cuteness of this post just blows my mind.
oh, and you are amazing, FYI.