So the first thing I’ve noticed since we started announcing is that I get the same questions over and over again. While I love that everyone is interested in how the baby and I are doing, I thought I would put together an FAQ to refer everyone too. Any other questions, you can post under comments and I will add them.
FAQ:
How do you feel?
I feel pretty good! I have only the occasional wave of nausea (when I haven’t eaten enough or if I am extra exhausted). Although I once considered myself a night owl, I’ve turned into a regular granny who has a hard time staying up past 10 pm. On occasion I’ve been out for the night as early as 8 pm!
Do you think it is a boy or a girl?
For a while I thought the baby will be a girl, but I think that is because I am the oldest and I am a girl, so therefore my first will be a girl. While I think I lean a little more towards “it is a girl,” I really have no clue! However, I find myself referring to the baby as “him” a lot more than as “her,” simply because I do not think of my baby as an “it.”
Do you want a boy or a girl?
I am pretty sure we’ll get one or the other. It doesn’t matter to me either way – this baby already has my heart. Daddy wants his little boy. Of course I see how that is tempting; we know some very cute little boys!
When do you find out if it is a boy or a girl?
We’ll have a detailed ultrasound at 19 weeks and might find out then. Even then, I don’t think I’d like to find out the sex of the baby. What I really want to know is that everything is okay and our baby is healthy and growing as he should, not if I should be decorating in pink or blue.
Are you showing yet?
(Classic question especially if the person is standing right next to me!)
Although I do have a little bit of a belly that I can see, I don’t think that the world at large would guess I am pregnant. As we roll into the second trimester (yeah!) I am supposed to average a pound a week weight gain, so I am sure my pregnant belly won’t go unnoticed too much longer!
When did you find out?
December 6th - see my first post below.
Was it planned?
This baby was planned with a lot of thought and many prayers. While on our pilgrimage in Israel this November, we had Mass at the beautiful Basilica of the Annunciation, and I left with a strong feeling that it was time for our family to grow. If I had been at all indecisive before that moment, my doubts left and I knew we had to have faith everything will be okay. Three weeks later we found out that we are indeed about to be parents!
And my absolute favorite:
Are you excited?
I actually told someone "No" today; that was pretty funny. Of course we are both very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment