So this weekend Charlotte and I were visiting with Michele at her sorority house while I pondered out loud about what on earth could be keeping Fred and Mom. Michele, picked up her cell phone and called Mom, who told her that they were unloading and setting up for the tailgate party. "Oh yeah," I said, "I forgot, I talked to Mom and she told me that." Michele looked at me and told me that I have been so loopy since Charlotte's birth.When Fred arrived, he agreed wit her.
In fact, I FEEL loopy. It as if my brain tries to concentrate on too many things at once and thus remembers nothing. Sometimes I feel like I can't even hold a normal conversation!
They say breastfed babies have higher IQs; now I know why - Charlotte daily sucks away my brain cells for herself!
Anyway, this week has been quite eventful. Though, loopy me can't remember half of it until reminded :-). Friday Mom and I drove over to Baton Rouge and visited with my aunt & uncle, my cousins, and my cousins' kids. Charlotte took a picture with all of her second cousins:


Last weekend LSU celebrated Homecoming, so we toured Michele and Helen's sorority house and watched the parade from the front lawn. The tailgate party was a blast - our party only lacked Bruce. You'd think that we'd hardly notice the absence of one person from a family of 8, but rather it seems as though more than one of us must be missing.
This time, Fred took our little LSU Tiger Cub back to the hotel while I went to the game. Yay for a night off! I know Charlotte and her Daddy love hanging out without me :-).

Charlotte enjoys tummy time so much more these days. Aunt Fiona bought her this great tummy time play mat and pillow that she loves. Today she played contentedly on her belly for 15 minutes! A record!

On the floor gym today, Charlotte also tried to roll over. She ALMOST did it! She rolled up onto her side (from her back) and managed to get one leg over, but could not quite figure out how to get the top half the rest of the way over (the arm against the floor created quite a hurdle).
I can't believe how fast she's growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment