Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Better Day

Charlotte had a much better day today.

I called the doctor's office and didn't have much luck on the car seat thing. You'd think they deal with this often enough to have something setup for infants. They did say they could order me a special car seat that I would have to purchase - I already know those run anywhere from $400-500, so I declined. Instead my Mom went to Target for me and bought a Britax Marathon convertible car seat that is good from 5 to 65 lbs. This way it we can use it a long time before she outgrows it. I have to stuff some small blankets behind her to make it work, but it will work. Better than nothing, anyway.

Aside from not wanting to let me put her down, she was back to her usual, cheery self today. We were playing on the changing table and I took some pictures. She loves the changing table - I think because as a newborn she hated it and I've always worked so hard to entertain her while she's there.

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Glad yesterday was a much better day - take lots of pics, as I'm sure she'll think they're interesting when she gets older. Glad you got the car seat bit worked out, although I'm just as shocked as you that the hospital didn't figure something out for you...very strange!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Paul gives a thumbs up on Britax Marathon car seat. Maddie currently has one and had the Marathon one before that. Apparently it's the same brand Rachel had for Emma on Friends - cool huh??? Hope Miss Charlotte is still improving. Call if you need a baby holder/sitter ANYTIME!!! :-)