Its amazing the things that Fred and I talk about now when we engage in conversation. Baby poop is one of them.
The brace is indeed far better than the cast, but where the cast once guarded Charlotte's clothes from poopy explosions, the brace makes things worse. As Charlotte is wholly breast-fed (for a long list of reasons including laziness and not a vendetta against formula) and not yet on solids, the consistency of such messes is quite...watery. The brace seems to hold her diaper so close to her little bottom that when the little bomb goes off, everything explodes up the back, making for a lot of clothing changes and laundry. Perhaps she intends to create the mess for additional time out of her brace.
Poor baby girl whined on our trip down to Mass in Pearland yesterday. I kept handing her toys to distract her - usually she contently rides in her new Britax Marathon seat. Upon arriving EARLY for Mass (YAY!) we discovered the source of her discomfort in another such explosion. So much for being early. After a full outfit change and sans the soiled brace, we finally joined Fred's parents 10 minutes into the Mass.
It seems that every other diaper change causes such an event, though usually at home and not in the back seat of the car (again, poor baby!).
We're so tired of LITERALLY being up to our elbows in poop every day. Why even put her IN a diaper if we are going to have to do this much laundry anyway? Perhaps cloth diapers? Another kind of diaper? I know we have many lurkers on this blog, but any suggestions on how to keep things from coming "up and out" onto her clothes would be greatly appreciated!
(sorry for the lack of photos, I have a post from lastweek that I've slowly been putting together!)
4 comments:
OK, so Paul (the engineer, mind you...) said this:
"Tell Fred and Elizabeth to cut a hole in the bottom of Charlotte's diaper, then stick funnel (the square kind that mechanics use for oil changes) under her butt. Attach some hosing to the funnel that is routed out and underneath the brace into a mason jar. That way the poop isn't all over Charlotte, and is instead in a nice, contained mason jar. Easy to throw the poop out and easy to clean. And tell them that they're all easy to find household items!"
Yeah...that's all we got, E. LOL! ;-)
I must admit the diaper cover sounds easier than Paul's invention. Engineers are special. (I have one, I should know!)
at work if i have a patient who can't control their bowels, i forgo the diaper altogether because it causes too much skin breakdown. sucks that that's not an option. i don't really know what would cut down on the mess. but i do believe ya'll left a cloth diaper in my room unintentionally last time ya'll were over. i found it under my bed, and ya'll would be the only logical answer, haha. :)
Wow, Zhar, that sounds messy. I know people often leave a diaper off to let a diaper rash air out, but we can't do that until the brace comes off. hopefully that will be soon!
Post a Comment