So I have had some issues posting photos because my photoshop is outa wack (I like to resize them before posting), and have been putting off posting.


Ummm, I think the sun hat is too big!
We haven't used an infant carrier for Charlotte since she went into the cast at 3 months old, since she plumb didn't fit into one. One of my coworkers had a little boy on February 26th, so we lent the seat to her. Just for kicks though, we took this photo before lending it out.



Beta and Grandad went to a Houston Zoo fundraising function a few weeks ago and landed a Zoo membership. To our great pleasure, they listed our family under the membership, so we are free to go to the zoo any time! My mom's group actually met there the last Saturday in February, a beautiful day, so we made it a family outing. I don't think Charlotte noticed any of the animals, but Fred and I certainly enjoyed them! Charlotte enjoys watching other children, being outside, and of course, trips down the slide with Mommy!
Can you see the baby girraff in the background?

Ummm, I think the sun hat is too big!

We haven't used an infant carrier for Charlotte since she went into the cast at 3 months old, since she plumb didn't fit into one. One of my coworkers had a little boy on February 26th, so we lent the seat to her. Just for kicks though, we took this photo before lending it out.
Charlotte in the infant carrier just before turning 6 months:

Charlotte in the infant carrier at 4 days old:

She grows way too fast!
In other news, we visited the pediatrician for her 6 month check up on Tuesday and got the go ahead for solids. I must admit, we've been sneaking her banana for the last couple of weeks. I put it into this VERY MESSY mesh feeder so she can feed herself. It keeps her entertained while I get dinner going.
The pediatrician told us to stat with rice cereal (I'd already purchased it) and start adding veggies. So far, she is not very interested in the cereal. I tried adding mashed banana, which she loves, but she gave me a mean look for tricking her into it.
Playing with your food never looked so cute!

We've also moved to sippy cups! I had to purchase several to find one that she'd use, and the Nuby brand came out a winner. The Avent ones have crazy valves to keep liquid from spilling; even I have a hard time drinking out of them!
Charlotte had a great time playing with her cup;
I think some of the water even ended up in her tummy!

The doc also asked about milestones, including if she was making any hard consonant sounds. I told her we get some oo-oo-oo, yi-yi-yi/ya-ya-ya noises, but non of the "ga, ba, da" noises. But, I told her, she does make her "m" sounds. Thankfully, Charlotte proved me right by making one a few minutes later (apparently "m" usually comes later than "ga, ba, da"). She must have heard us talking, though, because all day the following day, everything was "bababa."
Here is how she measured up for 6 months:
26 inches - just above 50%
16 lbs, 8 oz - around 60-70%
17" head circumference
Her weight gain has slowed dramatically, but the doctor doesn't seem concerned.
The biggest, most exciting thing happened today; WE ARE DONE WITH THE BRACE! I took one more photo yesterday of her in it. She has sitting unsupported down pretty well (with the occasional topple-over) since the brace allowed her to do that. Hopefully now we'll move on to rolling over and crawling around - things she could not manage in the brace.

Until next time, have a good one!
5 comments:
omgoodness! i cant believe finally no more brace and on to solid foods!
its weird, but i feel like ive been in college so much longer than shes been alive, but she was born the night before classes started!
cant wait to come home next weekend!
omg she is just too adorable!!
i love her little frown face...like the one in the zoo shot. just too adorable!!
-Michele
Great pics! She's just SO cute! Oh and good job on sporting the Gobblerfest shirt at the zoo. :-)
It was great seeing you and Miss Charlotte last week for dinner though - we need to keep up our "dinner meetings."
Somehow, I didn't think the Goblerfest tee would go un-noticed :-)
Post a Comment