Saturday, March 1, 2008

6 Months Old - Our Little Lady!

So Charlotte turned 6 months old on TUESDAY! I celebrated by being sick :-(. Reason 367 that I am still breastfeeding - my body started making antibodies before I ever knew I was sick, passing those antibodies on to Charlotte. As she was being exposed to the bug, she was also getting antibodies from me to fight it. YAY! We've dodged another bug!

We can hardly believe our little "Bug" has been a part of our lives for so long. We also can't believe that we call her "Bug." OK, maybe mostly I call her Bug, shortened from the longer nickname, "Bugaboo," also my creation. Poor Charlotte.

The other day I came home to find Fred talking to Charlotte from the bathroom. Or so I thought; I found her sitting in the bathroom with him! I laughed to see him share in my daily dilemma these days: Charlee crying, alone, one room over or sitting happily, but sharing once private moments with you in the bathroom. Don't be fooled if you see her playing contentedly by herself while your attention lies elsewhere; so long as she can SEE you, she finds nothing amiss in her world. The second you step out of view, her world falls apart. The fact that she can still HEAR you makes no difference.

Rolling Over: She can do it! While she doesn't spend much time out of the brace, I encourage her to move when it comes off. With the bribe of a toy, she rolled from back to tummy once. This move required significant encouragement, so we are waiting for a repeat (that darn arm still gets in the way!). Of her own accord, she has rolled from front to back several times. Certainly, she will crawl out of my sight in no time once the brace stays off for good - baby-proofing, here we come!

Teeth: Charlotte surprised us by cutting her first two teeth very early at 4 months old (so between the cast, discovering her milk allergy, and teething, her 4th month of life was the hardest month we've had). Just to surprise us once more, the next two teeth starting to peek through are on either side of the bottom two she already has. Although I thought her top gums looked swollen a few weeks ago, it seems I have no clue what to look for, as the new teeth are definitely on the bottom. Hopefully, someday, she will have a set of teeth to chew with and not a single row of pearly whites on the bottom!

We have pictures to post; I will do that soon. They include pictures from our trip to the ZOO! Charlotte enjoyed herself as she does on any trip outdoors, but I must say Fred and I held more excitement for the animals.

No comments: