Yesterday was such an exciting day for our family; Charlotte took her very first plane ride! I was actually quite amazed at how easily we passed through security - a TSA officer helped me with the stroller and all of my things. After getting up early and waiting for a slightly delayed flight, Bug slept through the taxi, takeoff and first hour of the flight. While she got a little bored being stuck in our laps for the middle portion, she was completely quiet during the descent - occasionally sucking on her thumb (I guess to relieve pressure as she needed). That worked well, seeing that she wanted nothing to do with the things I brought for her to suck on.
I took great delight in the decent into Colorado Springs and soaked up the beautiful birds-eye view of patches of snow on the ground, stuck on rooftops, and icing the trees.
Despite the snow on the ground, the sun looked brightly upon us as we left the airport and 35 degrees never seemed so warm. We checked into the Broadmoor and enjoyed a drink and snack from The Bar, overlooking the lake and the mountain behind the west side of the complex. Charlotte took one of her rare but wonderful 2 hour afternoon naps, so I had an excuse to take one too!
Well past her usual 7pm CST bedtime, we drove through the falling snow to meet Fred's coworker and customers for dinner at Edelweiss German Restaurant. She was most entertained by the German musicians playing the guitar and accordion while entertaining the rest of the table with her cheery disposition. A very pleasant evening for the Sanchez Family.
This morning greeted us with a fresh blanket of snow on the ground and anticipation of 4-5 more inches to come. We enjoyed room service in our cozy room. Fred just headed down to setup his booth while Charlotte naps. When he returns we will walk to the Catholic Church nearby for Mass.
I don't think we brought the cord for transferring photos, so I will add photos to the blog when we return to Houston.
No comments:
Post a Comment