Thursday, November 13, 2008

LSU Tiger

I've been meaning to write a post since we came home Sunday, but I was a bad Mama and forgot my camera. Fortunately, Helen took a few photos and emailed them to me, so you won't have to go without!

After a crazy Friday afternoon, Fred, Charlotte, Maddie and I loaded up with my Mom and Dad and headed to Baton Rouge for the weekend. The older she gets, the harder it is to make a long car trip, but we finally made it to BR. The four of us stayed with Helen, her roommate Megan, and Carter the bunny at their condo.

When she met Carter, Charlotte learned a new word, bunny ("buddy"). As we unloaded our stuff, she excitedly stuck her finger into the rabbit's cage and squealed excitedly every time Carter sniffed and licked her finger. Time for bed, we tucked Carter into the bathroom to keep Maddie from harassing him. Charlotte screamed and cried for her Buddy as if she'd known him forever and was never going to see him again. But she was fine when she realized there were stairs to climb!


Our little Tiger fan enjoyed the tailgate party and even sat through the ENTIRE football game. As long as I kept pointing out the ball on the field, or various things around the stadium, she didn't mind hanging out and climbing from one lap to another. It was AMAZING. Even though LSU lost, we had a great time. If you asked Charlotte though, I'm sure she'd tell you that the best part was playing with the "buddy."






1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Man - what a GREAT game to have been at...even though it wasn't a victory for your team in the end. Seeing Charlotte in LSU gear kinda makes me twitch a little, but I can't deny it - she's super cute! :-)