Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weedkend Fun, a few days late

So, FIRST, we've made it to 15 weeks! Time just keeps disappearing, but really I don't mind. We've been really busy around here getting ready for a shower for Christy that I'm hosting (with a little help from my sisters) at the house on Thursday. That means a lot of the boxes that are still unpacked either need to find their way to the attic or their contents need to be put away.

Anyway, first I want to post about my exciting Craigslist find, a barely used Phil & Ted's Sport buggy. No one seems to have quite the same excitement I have over this (and why would they?). I have wanted this stroller since I first laid eyes on it about a year ago, but it is pricy, so I've been combing craigslist for MONTHS. We picked it up on Friday from a couple in College Station. My favorite thing about this stroller? That it CAN be a double stroller without adding all the extra bulk. The picture below shows the setup for a toddler and an older baby, but there is an additional setup for a newborn and a toddler that I will definitely use.


For now, we will use it for just Charlotte. As our babies grow, we'll probably end up using it just for Little Bug, so it's nice that it will convert easily from a single to a double.

This photo is of us in the empty MSC at A&M. It is all ready for renovation! We didn't spend much time in CS, but did manage to stop by Shakes after a quick dinner at BWW. Yum! (Is it weird that I didn't feel like I could take my toddler to eat at Northgate on a Friday evening?)

So far, I love this stroller MUCH more than the cheap Graco stroller we registered for. It handles sidewalk cracks in the neighborhood with great ease and manuvers really easily. Charlotte likes it too.

Saturday we went to the Downtown Aquarium with Jeannette, who had a deal for $5 entry. We really enjoyed ourselves, but I can't imagine paying the full $15 on a Saturday with all of the crowds we battled! Charlotte loved all of the fish, especially Nemo and Dori, but wasn't interested in touching a sting ray.


We rode the carousel and waited in line for over an hour for the Shark Train. Apparently, only one train was running, and maybe with good reason, as later that evening when they brought it back on the track, there was a collision!



While our plans originally included eating at the Aquarium as well, Fred convinced me that the food there isn't worth the pricy menu, so we made our way to Goode Co. Seafood. LOVE that place!

I must be missing a few brain cells, because I didn't take pictures of our Sunday lunch here at the house with our friends Connie, David, and their son Augustine. Augustine and Charlotte totally entertained each other so we could visit, which was very nice. God willing, when they come over next year this time Little Bug will have his own playmate too!

3 comments:

Connie V said...

You're spilling the beans! JK - I don't think I can hide my belly much longer. Besides, you tell 1 Filipino, you've told 'em all. Great seeing you guys on Sunday. Thank you for the wonderful lunch!

Connie V said...

You're spilling the beans! JK - I don't think I can hide my belly much longer. Besides, you tell 1 Filipino, you've told 'em all. Great seeing you guys on Sunday. Thank you for the wonderful lunch!

alison said...

haha, i heard that! Congrats Connie and David!!