Every baby is different. Mine seem to be different so far even in utero. I first felt Charlotte moving in the womb at about 15 weeks along and then always felt her regularly. I began feeling this Little Bug around the same time, but this one doesn't move quite as much. At 17.5 weeks, I feel him more often now, but I was going days without feeling a thing after that first movement. Even now, I usually feel gentle little movements instead of full blown popcorn popping.
I've thought there could be many different reasons, that the placenta is attached somewhere different than it was with Charlotte, meaning I don't feel as much movement, or that I'm not sitting still working at a computer for much of the day, as I was during MC's pregnancy.
But even so, they are still different. To get MC to move, I used to drink something with caffeine. Seeing how much caffeine still affects her to this day, that makes sense. Little Bug, however, doesn't seem to mind caffeine so much, but rather gets moving every time I drink ice-cold water. This baby is in for a shock when he's born in January!
My body is definitely different this time too. I'm showing much more for being 17 weeks, but I THINK I'm keeping the weight gain a little more under control. I wonder if we can peek back at my old records on my next OB visit. It's going so fast this time.
2 comments:
I am having a very similar experience as you are regarding feeling the baby move and the changes in my body... Last week I had a dream that my mom gave me a c-section and pulled the baby out. Silly preggy dreams!
Haha, last night I had a dream that I was going in for my ultrasound appointment (it was today) and I had to wait until the gymnastic guys finished competing with routines on the rings. Wacky!
Post a Comment