Dear Little Bug,
I think there are a few things we need to clear up to make the next 3 months (or so) sail along smoothly. For starters, let's talk about Mommy's bladder. I know it feels nice and cushy like a pillow, but using it as such means that Mommy makes rush across the mall, pushing a complaining Charlotte past the desired water fountain, in search of a restroom, only to think, "THAT'S ALL that was in there?" Surely there has to be another organ or placenta in there that would serve the same purpose.
Also, please note that the very same bladder should NOT be confused with a soccer ball, or vollyball or any kind of ball. Every time your tiny yet powerful little body thrusts out against it, I get quite nervous that I just might end up in a resulting embarrassing situation.
Speaking of kicking and moving about in general; are you throwing a party in there? Did you invite a friend over without asking permission, or what? I don't remember your sister creating such crazy, total belly jiggling movements. Don't get me wrong, she was a pretty active kiddo in utero, but I think you already have her antics beat! If you must know, that really scares me, because she's a pretty crazy kid. I'm not sure my heart can handle two kiddos bouncing with reckless abandon across a narrow bridge high above a pit of foam at the gym. I can only imagine that you must be a boy and my life will forever change as I know it once you figure out how to move from one place to the next. Regardless (of your sex), I'm pretty sure the two of you are going to keep me on my toes!
The only other thing you might want to work on before you get here is sleeping. Yes, I know you do a lot of that already, but I've noticed a slight tendency for you to bounce around in the middle of the night. While that doesn't cause me much trouble for sleeping now (I can sleep though a lot, it seems), once you arrive it could really put a wrench in the continuous hours of sleep that I generally enjoy. Except for the bathroom breaks of course. Since, at 27 weeks gestation, you should be hearing all the excitement that goes on during the daytime, it shouldn't be so hard to distinguish night from day, even without the sunlight to clue you in. If you don't hear anything, go ahead and feel free to fall right asleep, okay? Good habits start early in life...
Daddy and I and even Charlotte are eagerly awaiting your arrival. Maddie, not so much. While I try to think of you as a mid-January babe, just so I'll keep my sanity if you take your sweet time like your sister, I can't help but wonder if we'll end '09 with you in our arms or start 2010 with a bang. We just can't wait to meet you. We wonder if you'll look a lot like your sister or all together different. No matter who you look like, you'll be perfect. See you when you get here...and keep in mind those few things I mentioned.
Love Always,
Mommy
3 comments:
As a mommy of 2 boys: it sounds to me like you are having a boy. You go, Fred!
you're so cute!
Well said :-)
Sounds like all is well!
Post a Comment