Monday, January 25, 2010

3 Weeks Old



Our Little Man is 3 weeks old today.  It's hard to believe that he's been here for so little time and yet so long all at the same time.  I can't remember life without him.  On the scale here at home he weighs in at just under 10 lbs.   He should be gaining weight like a champ, with the amount of nursing he's been doing!  This week we went two days of nursing almost every. single. hour.  That includes throughout the night...while I was home by myself and Fred was out of town.  Yuck!  Fortunately, after checking my kellymom.com resources and assuring myself he was just going through a growth spurt, he is now back to nursing every 2 to 3 hours.  Last night he actually managed to sleep 5.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to take advantage of those 5 hours myself because his big sister was up!

Our little Frederick had a really busy week!  We made our first trip to the grocery store and ToysRUs.  He met a bunch of my coworkers and had lunch with my Moms' group.  Friday we had a picnic at a park with Bottie and Aunt Michele.  Saturday we went to his first birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  He pretty much slept the whole time.





Charlotte had an awesome time, though!



Frederick's almost birthday buddy was there too! 




Sunday he met his cousins Ashlyn and Shelby.




Big sister Charlotte still loves her baby brother as much as ever, and the first words out of her mouth every morning, "Where is my baby brother?"  In fact, I have to keep a close eye on her to keep her from loving him too much.


3 comments:

Zharleen said...

I wish I had ya'lls photography skills!!!
And I love that he's in a sweater vest! :) So cute.

HappyAutisticMama said...

I can't get over how cute he is! Andrew took his bottle of formula every single hour, too, for the first couple weeks of life, even through the night, so I remember your pain. Those crazy growing babies!

Elizabeth said...

Charlotte liked to eat, but WOW, this kid amazes me...it must be a boy thing. While the idea of a million formula bottles makes me think you are amazing, I must confess that the idea of Fred taking some of the night time feedings is SO tempting.