Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not Pregnant

Why is it that after months of looking forward to not being pregnant anymore it now feels weird to not be pregnant anymore?

Want to know something else crazy?  After stating on every occasion that I couldn't wait to be 'not pregnant' I have come up with a few things that I miss about being pregnant.
  1. The Anticipation - what could be more exciting than waiting to meet the new little person that you've been growing for 9 months?  Is it a boy, is it a girl? Will the delivery go well?  Who will he look like?
  2. The Baby Kicks - without a doubt, these are my favorite things about pregnancy.  I even loved the uncomfortable feeling of little feet in my ribs! 
  3. Nice People - who isn't nice to a pregnant woman, anyway?  People are extra nice and helpful, even if they do ask a lot of questions!
  4. The Doctor Visits - this one sounds crazy, I know.  But I love a good book.  I also love uninterrupted time to read a good book, guilt free.  That doesn't happen at home.  Either a small child or a million other things demand my attention.  At the office, I get to read and wait - and waiting is a real part of going to see the OB!  Not to mention everyone there is really nice, too. 
Can I also say why I am happy to be not pregnant?  Of course I can, so I will:
  1.  My Little Man - here in my arms.  Perfection.
  2. Touching My Toes -  I could paint them if I wanted to.  I haven't yet, but I could.  All of the bending over that I can now do is great!
  3. Tumbling on the Floor -  playing with MC on the floor in a way that I haven't been able to for quite a while.  We both laugh a lot and have a great time.  She really enjoys the extra attention when I can give it.
  4. My Vanishing Middle - 10 lbs, then 20 lbs, and counting, gone!  Take that, Biggest Loser contestants!
  5. That Small Glass of Wine - oh wine, I missed you!
  6. Stomach Sleeping - really, sleeping comfortably in any position. While my stomach is not always comfortable, talk about heaven!
  7. My Little Man - did I mention that I'm so glad he's here?
I'm sure there is more, but that will do for now :-).

    No comments: