Fred finally came home. And promptly had to go to work the following morning. It was so cute to see Charlotte cling to him and ask him not to go.
To pass Daddy's first day back at work, Charlotte, Frederick and I picked up Bottie and headed to the Zoo, where we are members. (Anyone want to join us for another trip to the zoo before the weather gets really stinking hot? Our membership allows up to 10 guests total.) Pictures to come soon, but we had a good time.
Today we went to the grocery store and spent more money than I intended. I also bought 4 g-diapers on clearance for $4. They usually run $24 for a pack of 2. Unfortunately, all they had were size small (8-14 lbs) so I'm not sure WHAT I plan on doing with them. Who can pass up such a bargain?
Now we are all sitting outside on the back patio under the fan, although the breeze is nice too. Charlotte is "bare walkin'" without shoes on her feet and trying to get Maddie to fetch a piece of plastic cord from who knows where. Maddie doesn't show any interest. Frederick is on his playgym on the grass, squealing when the wind makes the oak tree leaves dance above his head. He's also started grabbing and gumming everything he can reach. It seemed to take him forever to show an interest in hanging toys, but no time at all to then figure out how to grasp them and bring them to his mouth.
A couple of weeks ago we planted herbs in little planters in the backyard. They are growing like CRAZY, especially the mint and basil, which seem to have doubled in size in that time. I have Mint, basil, and oregano in the same planter, and I'm beginning to think I need to give each it's own planter. I also planted a grape tomato plant in a container. If I don't kill these few plants, I'd like to build some raised beds in our yard this fall for a large vegetable garden next year.
Frederick is 16 weeks old and will be 4 months old next week. Where has the time gone? I finally took the class so we can have him baptized. I had hoped that the class we took for MC would still be valid, but alas, no, so this is much later coming than I would like. Since my hair has started coming out by the fistful, I just hope to have a little left when the big day finally arrives!
And that, my friends, sums things up a bit. Frederick's squeals seem to have a little more of a frustrated tone, so I best get going!
Will post Zoo photos soon :-).
1 comment:
I can't wait to plan an herb garden whenever we finally get home!
Post a Comment