Thursday, April 22, 2010

Of Single Parenthood

Fred has been out of town A LOT this month.  I have NO idea how mothers who are single or with deployed husbands do it.  I've only managed by maintaining a steady line-up of adult interaction.  Either dinner with my family, or by having childless friends over for dinner.  I don't know how I would manage without them! A little conversation and help cleaning the kitchen, holding the baby, or reading Charlotte a book (or ten) goes a long way.

So you must forgive me for being a bad blogger while Fred is away.  I don't mind it when he's gone a night or two in a row, but these two stretches of 4 and 5 nights in a row in back to back weeks have me worn out!

We are, however, still alive and well.  Frederick rolled over yesterday from his back to his front.  I missed it.  I stepped out of the room and he was on his back and came back to find him on his stomach.  He's been trying to flip over for quite a while now, but most of the time his little arm gets trapped under his body and he just gets mad.

Fred's family did such a good job of supplying us with disposable diapers that I only switched back to cloth last week.  AND lucky for me Cotton Babies had a seconds sale tonight, so I was able to swing a few extra diapers (Bum Genius 3.0) for less, you know, to replace the pink diapers that I pulled out of my stash.  (He MAY have already worn a pink one or two, but none out of the house!)  I also ordered a Flip diaper with an organic insert, and a FREE box of disposable inserts.  I'm curious to see how it works out.

Here is the proof that we are managing okay without Fred (read: fed, adequately clothed, and occasionally bathed):

The most smiles award:

Mad Play-Doh skills:

Being fed - fresh fish in the form of ceviche, and both grilled, & fried

Things uncles are good for:


2 comments:

Helen said...

I "talked" to Frederick yesterday. He was very happy to hear for me. Even gave me an "eh"

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Awwwww cute pics! Was fun reading books to Char. She's so animated. :-)