she's going to want a new lens to go with it!
I feel like I am living my own version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." Photography is the most expensive hobby I have ever had (that I have paid for myself - pretty sure the horse-ownership thing cost a quite a bit more.)
If you give a girl a camera, she's going to want a new lens to go with it! First she'll realise how awesome her new prime lens is, but will then realize that even with it's low-light ability, it still doesn't work in dark rooms, so she'll want a flash and diffuser to go with it. Eventually, she'll feel constrained by the prime lens and want something with a little more versitility and pay out a pretty penny for a lens with a little red line around it. The nice new lens, however just doesn't go with her entry-level DSLR and she will want a new camera body to go with it. She starts to come up with reasons that she needs the newest technology (HD video!). She will want to buy the newest photo-editing software. With all of the new gear, she'll want a pretty new girly bag to carry it in. And on, and on, and on.
I'm pretty sure it is only going to get worse as the kids get older and I want things like a super zoom lens to take pictures of them playing sports and whatnot.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're back on your blog!
Post a Comment