Not that things have changed much around here, but my babies keep getting older, so I need to get moving and get with the program.
This little man, for instance:
at 8.5 months old he is growing and changing before my eyes! On August 10th his first tooth (finally) broke through. Now I can see one of his top teeth is about to cut through as well.
Little Man crawls faster than lightning all over the house, usually saying, "da! da! da!" when in a good mood. If he's upset, he's usually crying, "ma, ma, ma, ma," although lately he's also started saying, "Na! Nah, Nah, Nah," when he doesn't like something.
He can walk across the room pushing a walking toy, and cruises around the coffee table.
I love snuggling with him and holding him close, because someday, he won't be a snuggly baby anymore.
This little lady, turned THREE in my blogging absence. Can you believe that?
For her birthday, Helen made an awesome cake and we rented a bounce house and had some of her friends over to the house to celebrate. After it was all over and I was taking off the princess costume gift she'd insisted on trying on before bed, she asked me, "Mommy, how many days?" "How many days for what, Charlotte?" "How many days?" "How many days until what?" "How many days until my birthday? We need to pull of a ring!" We had made a paper chain to count down the days, and I hated to tell her that the rings were all gone and it was many, many more days! She still talks about doing this, or doing that on her next birthday. Many times, every day.
Bug also likes to make up stories, so if find yourself in a conversation with her, watch out what you believe! The other day a car backing out of a driveway on Chimney Rock almost hit us. I cried out, laid on the horn, and swerved into the next lane. Charlotte wanted to know what happened, so I told her that I honked the horn to let the truck know we were there and to stop before crashing into us. The rest of the afternoon she told a story about how she was driving and a truck bumped into her car and we all had to get out.
Yesterday she told me a story that involved me being "Baby Mommy" and her holding me. She told me how cute I was as a baby. Love it.
Her drawings have started to take real form, and when she colors she now makes an effort to stay within the lines. I love, that she doesn't have a concept for what colors things SHOULD be. The ocean she colored today was filled with hues of blue, pink, red, and orange.
Ahh, I miss blogging. I hate trying to fit everything into a single post. I'm going to be better.
Lots of Love!



No comments:
Post a Comment