Saturday, October 23, 2010

Look Who's Walking!


 Okay, so he only took 4 steps.  But it's a great start!  Frederick is such steady milestone hitter, slowly and steadily progressing from one achievement to the next.  Do I remember the first day he crawled?  Nope, because it didn't really happen in a day.  It took a couple of weeks for him to go from moving like a fish to crawling like a bear.  Charlotte always hit her milestones with much fanfare and never looked back.  With her it is like a light bulb turns on and suddenly she's doing today what she couldn't do yesterday.

But not Frederick.  He's been working on walking for the last 4 months - since he first pulled to a stand.  Slowly he's gone from pulling up to cruising around furniture, to standing up in the middle of the room without anything to aid him, to barely touching the wall as he maneuvers around a partly closed door, yet not quite brave enough to take a step on his own.

Then today he did it.  He took one step followed by another and paused for a moment and took two more, before sinking to the floor and crawling furiously away.  Two legs are slow going, but four are fast!

Someone tell him to slow down.  He is growing up way too fast.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I know I'll see y'all in 2 weeks, but I want to see a video of this!

Christy Drake said...

yes, I need a video!

And it was FANTASTIC seeing you yesterday!!