Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Learning her Letters

Recently Charlotte and I embarked on a Letter-a-Day project (okay, except for the days I go into the office), following a simple Pre-K Hooked on Phonics kit I bought.  She's pretty rock solid when it comes to knowing all of her letters, but she's not so rock solid on the sounds or how to write them.  I came across this activity on another blog for writing letters, and she loves it!  She won't really write a letter more than once or twice for me (she doesn't like me telling her what to draw at all), but I think it is a fun way to finish a short "lesson" about a letter.








Doesn't she look happy?  Of course she always looks happy when she is making a mess!


 
And this poor little man was upset that I wouldn't let him join in the mess-making.  So sad.
 

3 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

So fun! Is that flour?

Helen said...

I still think this picture of Frederick is hilarious. I saved it to my ipod.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, flour! Very messy, but actually a lot easier to clean up with other things we've tried playing with on pans - like beans and rice.