On Saturday we met some friends out at Froberg's to pick strawberries. Although I am not sure if it was against the rules or not, or even a good idea, Frederick set out to single handedly eat every strawberry in the patch, from plant to mouth. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for Froberg's, there were far too many ripe strawberries for him to achieve his goal. But he sure had a good time munching on them!
Charlotte picked half of her own bucket, and I managed to haul in a full 5 lb bucket. It definitely beat picking blueberries. April sure beats June in Texas, that much helped a lot! It took no time at all to fill our buckets and be on our way, a plus with easily distracted children.
Charlotte showing off her yummy find.
Frederick taking a break from eating every strawberry in sight.
We met up with Miss Jeannette and Mr. James who lent me a needed extra pair of hands whenever I needed them. (Daddy was busy studying.)
This little girl takes strawberry picking seriously!
Kristine and daughter Ava joined us, too!
![]() |
Turns out Frederick wasn't the only one sneaking strawberries. I caught this guy in the act!
Ava spent the whole time on her Mama's hip and back.
I had high hopes of making jam with all of our strawberries, but instead settled on a strawberry & rhubarb pie (thanks to ETB for that impromptu decision!) that vanished almost instantly. The rest we have enjoyed sliced, sprinkled with sugar, served with waffles, eaten whole, cut up with ice cream, or dipped in homemade whipped cream. And suddenly we didn't have any left for jam. Thankfully, I am pretty sure I can pick up some Froberg strawberries from Canino's, which is just around the corner, so that may have to be a project for another weekend.









2 comments:
Ummm. Will I be able to do this the last weekend of April when summer starts?
Last weekend of April is probably still good. BUT I think the prime weeks are this week and next.
Post a Comment