Thursday, April 7, 2011

Of Unicorns and Uniforms

Me:  Charlotte, next year when you go to school you get to wear a uniform.
Charlotte: (Big eyes and bouncing up and down.) Yaaaaayyyy!!!
Me:  Wow, you are really excited about clothes.
Charlotte: (deflated) Oh.  I thought you said I was going to get a unicorn.

Sorry, kiddo.

5 comments:

Christy Drake said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Maybe a unicorn lunchbox is in order.

Vicki J. Dooly said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah...that's a total let down, E. ;-)

zharleen said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Though, every time I think about unicorns, I think of that episode of Community where Cheryl says, "Being a virgin in this day & age is something to be proud of. You're like a unicorn."

Elaine said...

Where are you sending her to school? Did you know that I will be teaching at Pius next year?

Elizabeth said...

Elaine, we are sending her to Trinity Classical School. It is a university model school - kind of a home school/private school hybrid. With a late August birthday, she will probably be the baby of her pre-k class.

Yes! I did know you were moving to Pius. Right near us! We also considered St. Rose for MC, and might move her over there eventually. I just wasn't ready for a 8-3, 5 day a week pre-k. And I'm impressed with the school she'll be attending.