Saturday, August 20, 2011

Frederick is


  • halfway between 19 and 20 months.
  • obsessed with keys.  Not the play set I made with "real" keys, but real sets that turn on real cars. Which leads to...
  • obsessed with cars and twuks. wace (red/race) twucks, why (white) twucks, bii (big) twucks.  The kid really loves twucks.  Every trip down the highway next to an 18 wheeler brings utter joy.  I now find myself speeding up to drive next to the darn things instead of only hurry past them. I need to post a video that shows his awe over the dozens of "race trucks" that google images pulls upon the computer screen.
  • not a fan of a security blanket, but instead likes takes his red car with him to bed.
  • a super smiley kid.
  • underweight now, after being in the 95% for weight at 4 months old.
  • insanely busy.
  • a climber.
  • crazy about his sister and loves to do whatever she does.  It melts my heart to see them smile and laugh and play together.
  • determined.
  • the worlds most awesome snuggler.
  • still learning to say daddy.  I think I'll be sad when he stops calling Fred "Daddin."
  • into graffiti.  Our walls show the damage.
  • sometimes a cat on the floor.  He has a great meow.
  • mischievous.
  • a streaker.
  • fond of saying "no, no, no," where just one "no" would suffice.
  • using new words every day, but likes to hum something that sounds like "thank you," rather than opening his mouth to form words.
  • precious and I love him.


3 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

To follow-up on my "special Charlotte moment" story...meeting Frederick for the first time will always be burned in my memory as well b/c it was during my first marathon. I remember how cute he was and also thinking, "How the HECK does Elizabeth look so fabulous so soon after having her SECOND child???!!!" LOL! Good memories...thanks again for coming out and showing your marathon support! :-)

Helen said...

Yes! Please post the video of his excitement over the trucks!

Elizabeth said...

haha! That was a fun day! It was an easy trip to see you run, and fun :-)