Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pre-K at Home - Day 1

So, I can't decide, is it homeschool or home school?  Officially TCS calls them "at-home" days for "at-home assignments," and avoids the word(s) all together.

I should probably do the same, as "homeschooling" implies that I have done a lot of research into curriculum and create my own lesson plains.  Blissfully, this is not the case!  Charlotte's wonderful Pre-K teacher supplies a detailed list of assignments to do at home.  It took us about an hour and half to get through all of them, but we took a break in the middle to hit up the splash pad with some friends.

Charlotte is really enthusiastic about having Mommy as her teacher; let's hope it holds!  One of her assignments today was to practice writing the letter "p" in rice or shaving cream.

We took this messy project out doors!


I think it may be a while before we see the perfect d'nealian p, but at least we're having fun getting there!


No comments: