It hasn't happened as often lately, probably because there hasn't been any rain or dew in sight often, but how do my kids get messy in between the house and the car? This time Charlotte climbed a tree and dirtied up her nice white school knee high socks. I was able to grab a clean pair from the house while Fred buckled her into the car. Things began well, no?
And then, a new milestone for Frederick! He figured out how to twist top cap off his milk container.
While I was driving the car.
On 610.
In rush hour traffic.
It spilled all over.
Not that our backseat could have claimed to be clean before the spill. Do you know what a little spilled milk does in your car if not handled swiftly? It turns into a "what died in the car" smell.
Trust me, no one wants to be your friend if your car smells as though something died in it.
So at Bottie's house, I pulled the seat out of the car and found an assortment of soggy smashed goldfish and cereal, next to several Hot Wheels that had been MIA. I quickly began unhooking the straps to remove the seat cover while Bottie helped Charlotte into clean socks. Ever notice how nothing comes apart easily when you need to be somewhere in 5 minutes?
Charlotte arrived late to school for the first time since school began in August. Great way to start the new quarter, yes?
I took a trip to Target to buy more upholstery cleaner for the car. And yet bought two bags full of things and no upholstery cleaner. And THAT is why I made two trips to Target in one day.
The afternoon was spent scrubbing out the backseat of the car and reassembling Frederick's car seat. Final success on the third try. At least I've become a pro at installing car seats.
Now that the kids are finally in bed (they seem to know when I need them to go right to sleep and promptly don't) I need to clean the kitchen but am searching for the energy to do so. Probably because to clean the kitchen I must first empty the dishwasher. I'm not sure if there is anything worse than a kitchen with dirty dishes and a dishwasher filled with clean ones.
So this is why I am sitting here sharing my day. Because I know you, for whatever reason, whoever you may be, have been just dying to know about my Monday Funday.
And now to take control of my kitchen before some little critters beat me to it.
1 comment:
While I don't have kiddos, I can definitely relate... things happening beyond your control in traffic, forgetting the one thing you went into the store for, and the dirty kitchen with clean dishes in the dishwasher... wow!
Post a Comment