I always had a goal of 36 weeks and 5 lb babies, and, here we are, about to reach that goal.
On Monday the babies measured 5 lbs 1 oz, 5 lbs 6 oz, and 5 lbs 11 oz. I'm a bit concerned that they are no longer tightly bunched at the same growth rate. A is falling behind and even though the doctor didn't mention it, it makes me worried about growth restriction. I have another appointment tomorrow so I will ask then. it may effect my delivery options. I just don't know. The MFM also seemed concerned about getting accurate monitoring of the babies during labor, just due to their positions.
He did make me mad by implying that the only positive to a vaginal birth is not having a scar. I kept my mouth shut. But really?
No matter how it comes, tho, the end waits just ahead.
Baby items in almost every room mark their impending arrival. Yet even among all the gear and freshly washed clothes, I cannot begin to wrap my mind around bringing home three babies. Three!
Part of me can't wait for their arrival! To hold them and know each face. To have room on my lap for Frederick. For movement to no longer be a monumental decision. For the end of every threefold pregnancy woe.
Yet the end of anticipation brings us three newborns. A minimum of 24 feedings a day. 36 diapers. 10-12 pumping sessions. Unknown possibilities for outfit changes. Long, sleepless nights. Two older children who craving our time and attention as we adjust to this new life as a family of 7.
For all the amazing things, for all of the unpleasant things, we find ourselves on the edge of a great adventure. The only thing left to do is jump.
3 comments:
It's going to be amazing. And you'll have a ton of help, love and support. JUMP! I wanna meet those babies!!! ;-) <3
So happy to hear you've made this milestone! I found this lady's blog and didn't know if you'd "met" her yet. Thought she'd be able to offer a window of your life in a few ;)
http://www.onedayatatimenicole.blogspot.co.nz/2010/01/boob-monsters.html
Thanks for the link! I'm hoping for some boob loving babies who happily take a bottle :-P. It's great to see what other triplet moms do, but the real trick will be figuring out what works for us.
We'll meet them soon!
Post a Comment