Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Going to Nest These Babies Out

Someone, please explain to me, why I took pills daily for 5.5 weeks to keep these babies cooking inside?

Yes, they are still there cooking, to everyone's amazement.  And yet, somehow I'm not amazed.  I'm so not surprised that children of mine have taken up residence in my womb and refused to leave. Don't get me wrong, it is great that they will be considered "term" babies.  Wow! Who could have imagined that?! What a wonderful blessing.

I'm scheduled for an induction Friday morning, which actually really freaks me out.  I would so rather my body go into labor on my own.  It seemed reasonable last week to schedule an induction for more than a week down the road.  Now I'm not so sure.  On one hand, an induction insures that both my doctors will be available for the delivery.  On the other hand, I've NEVER been induced before.  I don't want a c-section and what am I doing? Scheduling the one thing shown to increase your chance at a c-section in a situation where a vaginal delivery is highly unusual.

I do still have a doctor's appointment tomorrow before going in Friday and will discuss these things with her. I'm hoping she will have some words of comfort - beyond her words last week, which were that it will go fast.

In the meantime, I'm running around the house, trying to take care of all of those things no one would let me do for weeks.

Yay, laundry and toy organizing! How many things do you think a person can do in two days?

For my next post (unless I manage some Halloween cuteness post tomorrow) expect to see babies! They are coming, ready or not!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister was induced for both of my nieces and had them both vaginally, there is hope. Maybe they'll decide to come tomorrow. :)

Kim said...

Wow, 37 weeks with TRIPLETS! That is insane! I'd be curious to see how far you COULD go :P

Can't wait to "meet" the little buggers!

Melissa K. said...

At the risk of sounding like a total stalker (which I'm not. Promise) I'll say that I've been following your blog for a while now and I'm on pins and needles wondering if these three little blessings have been born! I'm sure you're tied up with all sorts of important things, but post a picture or two when you can. Thanks!
- Melissa

Elizabeth said...

I promise a post is in the works! They ARE here and home :) which is why I've barely been able to even shower.