Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh, Baby Weight!


Today I am 32 weeks 5 days pregnant with this trio. They could realistically come at any time, which is crazy to consider!

It's been two weeks since I first showed signs of preterm labor. The first week following was difficult for me. I couldn't sleep at night 1)for thinking about soon being a mother with triplets in the NICU and 2) because my stomach all of a sudden felt as though it was constantly in my throat. Even water was difficult to drink!

At some point each and every day the contractions picked up to 6 in an hour. Yet each time we were ready to leave for the hospital the contractions suddenly slowed back down.

Then, after my doctor's appointment last Monday I decided that these three may NOT be coming at any moment. I settled to myself that they'd hold tight until 34 weeks. And a crazy thing happened - or rather stopped happening. The contractions stopped coming with such frequency. Once I stopped stressing, so did the bulk of the contractions. Mind over matter!

I'm still on medication and still must spend a good portion of my day resting with my feet up, but things seem doable now. Prevacid allows me to sleep at night. I think about the big strong babies I will have if we can hang in there for a few more weeks.

Big and strong they are growing, too! At the MFM yesterday he estimated their weights. A: 4 lbs 2 oz B: 4 lbs 3 oz and C: 4 lbs 4 oz. They are not very big for gestational age, but hover squarely at the 44th percentile - always just below the 50th which is exactly where Frederick and Charlotte always measured. The trio are all just as large as my singletons at the same gestational age! I couldn't hope for them to grow any better.

So, for now, these kiddos just keep on baking and we wait for their arrival - either sooner or later. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Such fantastic news, Elizabeth!!! You look fabulous! So in awe of the power of prayer... look how far yall have come!

Helen said...

Lookin' good, sister girl!