Thursday, November 8, 2012

Babies are here!

Okay, I've been working on a longer birth story post with photos and such, but when it comes to sleep vs anything else, sleep usually wins :).

Remember "The Song That Never Ends" from Lambchop's Play Along?That's pretty much my life in a nutshell at the moment with a few fun things like trips to the pediatrician for bilirubin tests, wrangling with insurance, and messing with biliblankets for the girls jaundice.

Anyway, I did NOT go into labor on my own and was induced on November second, All Souls Day and the anniversary of my Grandfather's death. Labor was fast and furious and all that I had hoped and prayed.

God is so good!

Babies are A: Cecilia Anne, 5 lbs 6 oz, 1:14 pm, Baby B: Dominic Conol 5 lbs 9 oz, 1:23 pm and Baby C: Eleanor Elizabeth, 5 lbs 5 oz, 1:41pm. It was an amazing (exhausting) experience and I could not be more thankful to God for all he has given us.

I have no idea which baby is which in the photo, but then I have only a hazy memory of everything that day after the birth.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, you look fantastic! So I take it you were able to deliver vaginally?!? I know you're going to be "out" for a while, but I'm SO glad you updated :) SO crazy to think they were all INSIDE you. Wow, you are in our prayers!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa K. said...

Amazing! God is SO GOOD! We will continue to lift your family up in prayer as you adjust to a new "normal". Keep posting when you can, they're an adorable bunch!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry. Birth story written and in need of photos. Focusing on anything for more than a very small chunk of time is proving nearly impossible.

Easy vaginal delivery. I may (should we ever do something as crazy as add baby #6) be a convert to induced labor and epidurals. So fast and easy.