18 Weeks, 6 DaysSo first let me apologize to everyone who checked in this morning only to find that I haven't posted a single update all week! I have been sick! I don't know how good/bad this is for Baby Sanchez, but being sick translated to very little interest in food. That means not much of a weight gain this week! Not sure that the belly has grown a whole lot in that time, but you can see for yourself. Gotta love the flowing drawstring skirt, though-it should last a little while!
Unfortunately, last Monday night I started to feel a little not-normal; it turns out I was coming down with the flu (or something like it)! After a week of trying to recuperate, I am finally feeling better, although still a little fatigued at times.
The whole being sick and pregnant thing was a little traumatizing. After trying and failing to sleep all night and realizing I had a temperature over 101 degrees - I hit "9" for YES this is an emergency! when I called my Dr.'s office at 6 AM. Really I had just been hoping to leave a message so someone would call me back first thing when they opened but since I didn't get that option... Well of course first I hung up, called my Mom, who was on the Atlantic coast, and followed her instructions and got myself in touch with my doctor. She did call me back, though I did not get much more than the standard, "control the fever with tylenol, rest, and drink plenty of fluids. Very few things you can catch will cross the placenta and affect the baby." Apparently that was all I really needed to sleep - reassurance that I wasn't a crock pot cooking Baby Sanchez inside of me!
Other getting stuck inside an oven for a few days, its been a pretty uneventful week for Baby Sanchez. Thursday is a big day though; we go in for more baby portraits from our "big ultrasound." They are going to check to make sure everything is growing just as it should, so keep us in your prayers! I will post those shots Thursday or Friday :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment