It can no longer be denied the belly is growing!! Even I'm looking at the most recent picture and thinking, "Whoa! No wonder my clothes are getting pretty tight!" Actually, every morning it is quite a task to dress for work (t-shirts still fit, so weekends are easier!) because I like all of my shirts to be pretty snug and fitted. This translates to most of my shirts no longer buttoning without pulling, all my knit tops accentuating the growing bump or getting close to showing the lovely skin underneath, and pretty much a difficult dressing situation all around. I like low-rise pants, so I can still get through the day in most of them, but not for too much longer! So, after browsing online and deciding that Old Navy had some stuff at standard Old Navy prices, I thought I'd give it a look. Everything looked SO CUTE online, but not so cute on me. Almost NOTHING looked like it would EVER fit even my changing body. The biggest problem was that the clothes did not have ties or elastic or stretchiness to make them look okay NOW, even though maybe they would be okay in a few more months. I bought a couple of things, but will go to Motherhood this week and try again.
So, in other news, I am now hoping for a baby boy :-P, only because today was St. Thomas High School's Round Up, and I won a basket fully of cute baby boy stuff. There were two baskets, one for a girl and one for a boy, and Mom and I equally filled the boxes of both with our tickets, and ended up with this one. I almost thought I'd won BOTH because the first name of the lady who won the girl basket is also Elizabeth. Wouldn't that have been funny!? I am glad we got this one, though, and not the one for the girl, because there is more crossover use when there isn't any pink :-).
Until next time, have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment