27 Weeks, 5 DaysSo this week was pretty crazy! Fred, Baby Sanchez, and I all travelled up to Omaha, Nebraska, to visit my Aunt Paula and her husband, Buddy. Fred was already up in Iowa for work, so baby belly and I flew up there on Friday to meet him. I haven't been on a plane since finding out we were having a baby (maybe Baby Sanchez was already present when we flew back from Israel, but we didn't know it yet!), and Baby Sanchez was just kicking and moving like crazy when we were up in the air! I wonder if the change in air pressure has any affect on a baby in the womb?
Unfortunately, as we were beginning our decent to land in Omaha, the plane started getting very warm and stuffy. I can handle the heat, but my pregnant body can't even handle an over-full church on some Sundays. It was an agonizing 20 minutes with me thinking that I might pass out on the lap of the poor guy next to me. Poor guy - he was probably thinking the same thing and looked fairly worried! After we landed (finally!), I called ahead to have Fred buy me a water. Once I met up with them, I must have still looked pretty awful, because I noticed an airport staff person walk over and hover nearby with a wheelchair. Luckily, I didn't need it.

Saturday was fun. We went into Council Bluffs, Iowa, to the Union Pacific Museum, had lunch, and did some shopping. The Baby Gap had a Maternity section, so I took the opportunity to scope out the sale items. I think Fred is getting jealous of my growing belly and wanted to get in on some of the action. Gotta love the strap-on bellies in the maternity dressing rooms!
We had wonderful weekend and were both sad to leave this afternoon. Luckily, we had the front two seats for the flight home, and though the plane still got hot and stuffy, it wasn't nearly as bad up front.
I have another Doctor's visit tomorrow - I am taking the Gestational Diabetes test, so wish me luck!
1 comment:
You look great girl! As radiant and glowing as ever. :-) Glad the flight wasn't any worse for ya - you poor thing! Nice pic of you and Fred...when's he due??? HA!
Post a Comment