Sunday, May 6, 2007

What a Week!

25 Weeks, 5 Days

Its been a crazy fun week here for the Sanchez’s. The belly is getting bigger, and my crazy weight-gaining spree has slowed down. Generally I had just stopped getting on the scale except for trips to the doctor's office, but yesterday I was brave! The madness has finally come to a reasonable crawl. I feel like I am hungry ALL of the time, but have made an effort to always have fruit cut up and ready to eat for my snack times, and Fred and I have made a pact to not eat out if its just the two of us.

The other thing that started hapening this week that freaked me out at first was my first braxton hicks contraction. At least, since I've had one or two since then, I'm pretty sure that is what I'm having. I'll wait to check with the Dr. as long as they keep happening infrequently. These things are described as painless. What?!? Great, I can't wait to get to the real thing. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating a little (or a lot) but it is seriously uncomfortable to have my belly turn into a tense little ball.

Tuesday was also our Baptism class at St. Vincent's. Not so much fun - especially since it coincided with many of our friends being at the Young Adult Mass next door. But good news is that it’s done. Of course we have yet to pick Godparents or ask a priest to do the baptism for us, but that’s okay.

Thursday I went to the OTC (Offshore Technology Conference) at Reliant Center for a few hours. Even though we were there on the last day and it wasn't very busy - we had to park forever away. One of the hospitality parking lot guys offered me a ride as I walked by (halfway through the walk). My first thought was, who, me? why? And then it dawned on me that I am obviously pregnant these days. I turned him down - I need my excercise, right? Well, on the way back my hip had just about had enough (though the rest of this pregnant lady felt pretty good!) and the same guy asked if I'd take the ride now - I said, "great!" Pregnant Lady Perks!

Today Fred and I went to BabysRUs and started our registry. There are seriously too many options! Sometimes I wish there weren't so many choices - I mean, there are bottles with disposable liners, bottles with special nipples, 3 kinds of special nipples for the bottles with the liners, bottles with special vent features, plain and simple bottles, and it just seems to go on and on! How is a girl supposed to know which one is best? We did finally figure out a car seat and registered for one of the two that did well in a recalled Consumer Report. We decided that if it passed at 70 mph (the reson for the recall, since US requires seats pas at 35mph), that's what we want for our baby.

Anyway, until next week!

No comments: