Friday, September 7, 2007

Unexpected Weight Gain

It's funny how some of my friends would come up to me and say, "Wow Fred! You haven't put on any sympathy weight." I have been pretty good about watching my diet and exercising, but that all went to hell when the baby came.

Elizabeth and I would slightly indulge in our food choices during her pregnancy. You know, the ice cream, extra Oreos, and perhaps eating out a little more. I was good with that and was able to maintain my weight through working out. The problem that I have now is people are giving us food!

It's not that I'm not appreciative of it. Of course I love it because I'm eating it. I'm just eating too much of it. My previous deterrent for me not eating much is that food costs money. When it's given to you for free, that barrier is no longer available. It's not that I'm hurting my pocket when I buy my meals. I just know that the largest expenditure I have is food. I'd rather cut back on the chunkiest parts of the budget.

So. . . . . . . . .

I think I'm going to go back on my diet again. This time I want to make it last till Thanksgiving. This means no alcohol, chocolate, soda, cookies, chips, or anything that creates a party in my mouth for a couple months. There will be exceptions, of course like UT vs. OU weekend, but I need to make sure I only do advanced schedule, off-dieting. I'm going to start my diet this Sunday.

Wish me luck and see how well I last!

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Sorry Fred...I guess next time Paul and I will forego the lasagna and just bring over some rice cakes and celery. Haha!

I do admire your discipline though and love the part about the "party in your mouth." :-) Vicki