ANYWAY. Our sweet little girl is one week old today! We've had so much fun since I last posted on Wednesday.

Thursday we had a trip to the Pediatrician to check Charlotte's bilirubin levels since she had been a little jaundiced as we left the hospital. Everything checked out great! She weighed around 7 lbs 2 oz, so she didn't loose too much ground after birth (babies loose up to 7% of their body weight before leaving the hospital). She enjoyed this car ride much more than the one home from the hospital.

Once home we put Charlotte into her swing where she jammed to some tunes with Daddy. Fred said she was even copying him with her fingers, though I'm not so sure about that ;-).

After our busy morning, Charlee had her first bath! As you can see, she enjoyed being wrapped up in her towel much more than getting wet.

Friday was such an exciting day, because Charlee met her aunts Michele and Helen for the first time! Since our sweet little girl doesn't know anything about calendars and schedules yet, Michele and Helen had already left for school at LSU before Charlotte's birth. She loves her aunts very much and can't wait to visit them in Baton Rouge. At least Aunt Christy lives in town!

3 comments:
ooh. so cute, so cute, so cute. but i'm scared of babies < 3months old. i fear i may break them. but you know this.
She is so adorable. She looks a little scared in her carseat though! :) Hope you're enjoying parenthood! It's an exciting experience...until they turn two and then you start rethinking your feelings towards kids altogether!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy every moment with my son, however, I start to appreciate MY parents a lot more when he decides it's funny to destroy things and talk back! He doesn't get a way with any of these things, but it doesn't stop him from trying! Enjoy this time...they're only young and innocent once! :)
Girls are supposed to be easier than boys, right? Until they turn 13 of course...
She's already changing so much it makes me sad. I wish I could bottle every moment!
Post a Comment