Okay, I have a ton of pics that I will upload tomorrow - we're staying with my parents because our AC is out. Luckily we hadn't unpacked anything from our trip to Baton Rouge, so it was easy to load everything up and come on over!Charlotte has been a little sick this week with a mild cold (I think). She was spitting up more than usual, but I was eating more dairy than usual and think that might be the culprit so I've decided to cut it out for a while.
So Sleepy:
While I've tried out every borrowed sling, I can't seem to get the hang of the "ring slings." I never feel as though they keep Charlotte safely tucked inside, even if due to user error. Although I hate to admit it, I am a message board lurker and have seen many posts raving about the "Hotsling" (http://www.hotslings.com/). Target actually carries them, though not in the same fabrics as the website (and for a little less $). I decided to pick one up before leaving for LSU this weekend since I could easily buy and return it without any wait time if it didn't work out. After two tries I had Charlotte in it as snug as a bug, although I did think that I could use a little more practice because it wasn't quite perfect. The sling seemed a little big, but I figured that I'd purchased the right size based on their sizing charts. I played with it all weekend before noticing that the tag on the inside of sing itself says TWO sizes larger than the size denoted on the packaging. No wonder it seemed big! I will go to Target tomorrow to see if they will let me exchange it even though I've used it a few times. If they don't take it I will either try to shrink it a little in the dryer or wash it and give it to a friend that it might fit.
Charlotte in the too big sling - but she liked it anyway! Looking at the photo, I'm surprised I didn't realize how much this sling was too big. They don't have a pattern I like and in my size at a nearby Target, so I am going to order one online -. Thank goodness Target took it back!

Otherwise, we had a great time in the Red Stick. Charlotte went to her first tailgate party and met all of Michele and Helen's friends. Just look at our cute little family all decked out in purple!

Fred went to the game, but Charlotte and I cheered the Tigers on from the hotel room. He said the seats were awesome in one of the best games he ever attended as LSU came out on top with a touchdown in the last second of the game. We had such a great time that we will go back again in three weeks when LSU plays my Mom's alma mater - Louisiana Tech! Maybe then I will get to go to the game.

No comments:
Post a Comment