Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Poopy Explosion

I just had an experience today that I never thought I'd have and thought I'd share. I am amazed at the things that no longer bother me - namely spit-up (often in massive, vomited quantities), pee, and poop.

Since the weather turned colder today, I decided it would be fun to dress Charlotte in a long sleeve shirt (not onesie!) and pants. About halfway through her meal this evening, I put her on my knee to burp her. Maybe the way I held her had something to do with it, but suddenly I felt something warm on the hand I was using to pat her back. I looked down to see poop spewing up from the back of her pants - landing on my jeans, the glider, the ottoman, and the remote control. My solution to minimize the mess? CATCH IT IN MY HAND! What on earth has my life come to? The worst part is that I didn't even think about how gross that is until after I had everything cleaned up.

I've become such a pro at cleaning up such messes these days - I just stuck Charlotte's little rear end, fully clothed, into the bathroom sink as I stripped off her pants and socks. Then I grabbed a towel from the rack to protect the changing pad cover (rather wash the towel) so I could put her down and take off my soiled jeans. You'd think she would have found this all traumatic, but she just chilled through the whole thing - even as I left her on the futon while I threw everything into the wash and cleaned the glider.

So, this is my life. I think I am going to try to keep my baby girl in onesies whenever possible as those help contain these kinds of up-the-back-of-the-diaper kinds of messes!

No comments: