Monday, October 1, 2007

5 Weeks! -Way late!

So we celebrated Charlotte's 5 week birthday curled up in bed. I'm not sure where I picked up the nasty stomach virus , but it was NOT fun. It is also the reason this post is so late in coming. Fred was helping me by taking care of Charlotte and bringing her to me when I needed to feed her; there was no way I trusted myself to carry her when I could hardly carry myself. Early Monday morning, however, Fred had to board a plane bound for Idaho, so we threw some things together and drove to my parents house where someone could help me with Charlee. I've been there ever since.

I also panicked, because I couldn't keep anything in me and was becoming dehydrated fast! I ended up having to supplement her feedings with about 4 oz (overall) of stored milk and freaked out that my milk was going to vanish before I could rehydrate myself. The thought of not being able to continue breastfeeding her made me feel helpless. Thankfully, after guzzling down fluids as soon as I thought my body could handle it, everything is back to normal.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I hope you are feeling better, Elizabeth! Also glad you and Charlee are holing up with your family until you feel better and Fred gets home! Rest up!