Sunday, November 4, 2007

Charlotte's Baptism! - 10 Weeks Old

My how time files! Charlotte is 10 weeks old today and still growing so fast. Our bathroom scale put her at roughly 15.5 lbs this morning! At just over two months old our sweet little munchkin's weight is more than double her birth weight - a goal that most babies reach around 6 months.

Today we baptized our little angel. We were going to schedule a private baptism for last weekend (the 27th), but Ernest, her Godfather, went to the State cross-country meet, so she was baptized with the parish's other babies today. What a wonderful event! Sweet Charlotte, as always, behaved herself - by sleeping through almost the entire thing. As the water pored out over her head, she opened her eyes and gave a "what the heck is going on!?" look but did not make a sound. Her Godparents, Ernest and Christy, did a great job, as friends and family welcomed Mary Charlotte into the Catholic Church.

From the church we came back to the house to celebrate. A HUGE thanks to Beta (my Mom), Christy, Michele, and Helen who helped us get everything together for the party. Without them I wouldn't have gotten any sleep last night trying to get everything together. You think I wouldn't underestimate how difficult it can be to take care of a baby and get anything else done, yet I still do.

As always, I have a bunch of pictures to share:

Charlotte wore this gown today - also worn by her great-great-grandmother at her baptism over 100 years ago. Five generations of my family have been baptized in this gown.


Getting dressed up:

Charlotte sporting the bonnet I wore at my Baptism:

Don't we make a cute little family?

Charlotte sleeping through all of the excitement:


Ernest lighting her Baptismal Candle from the flame of the Easter Candle:


Charlotte with her parents and Godparents (and Aunt & Uncle!):


With everything else happening this week, I never mentioned Halloween! We went over to my parent's house for a Halloween driveway party. Charlotte didn't wear her costume very long - it was hot! But we did manage to get some cute pictures before she snuggled up in the sling for a nap.

Uhhh..What is going on??

Charlotte with Beta:

Charlotte playing & talking to Granddad:

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Yea! Such cute pictures and so special that her gown is so sentimental to your family! Wish Curt and I could have been there!!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Great pics - and the duck costume still makes me giggle! Had a great time yesterday - thanks for letting me be a part of the action! :-)