So the countdown until Cast-Off begins. 4.5 weeks until this one comes off and the next probably goes on. While I cannot bear to hope that we only have 6 weeks of spica cast "fun," I also cannot bear to count down from 12 weeks, so we'll take it one cast at a time. Charlotte, however, has completely adjusted to the cast. Actually, so have we - I don't even notice it anymore.In fact, Charlotte seems encouraged to use her hands more. She bats at her toys and grabs any toy she gets her fingers around. Once snagged, the next mission becomes to bring said toy to her mouth. Unfortunately, this task will require a little more practice to perfect - right now the toy usually ends up in her eye with her crying in frustration. Boy does she go to town when she does manage to land a toy in her mouth!

Her napping schedule has improved from Tuesday, thank goodness. I've become a lot more consistent in our "nap-time routine," and that seems to help. I still miss my sling!
Aunt Paula came into town Thursday night and I just realized we did not get any pictures of her with Charlee! Whoops! We had such a wonderful time with her on Friday. Dinner that night included Bruce, Christy, Brian, Ernest, Paula, Mom, Dad, Fred, Charlotte, and Me. My favorite thing about our larger than most family - any mealtime gathering turns into a party! We shared stories and laughed until late in the evening.
Saturday was Fred's Birthday, so Fiona came over and we went out! We saw Beowulf in 3D IMAX - the 3D big screen made the move more enjoyable than I think it would have bee otherwise. After the movie we played games at Dave & Busters and chatted over chicken fingers at Whataburger. It was weird being out without the little munchkin, but we really enjoyed ourselves.
Today we celebrated Fred's birthday with his family, but Charlotte took center stage when we met at Kim Son for lunch. She basked in the extra attention and had a blast blowing bubbles, spraying spit, smiling, giggling, sticking out her tongue and shrieking through the meal.

Tomorrow I start back to work - just as many hours as I can squeeze in from home. I am really looking forward to getting back in the groove of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment