The last week has really had its ups and downs. When things are going well, they are really going well. When they are not going well, they are REALLY not going well!Monday was a good day for Charlotte; she was a good baby for my mom while I went up to CECO to find out what projects are assigned to me and did a little Christmas shopping. Tuesday I left her again to do some shopping - she cried and cried the whole time I was gone and I had to go get her early. She then also cried almost inconsolably from 7:30pm until falling asleep at 1am. The root of the problem? A glass of milk. Yes, along with the help of her pediatrician, we've determined for certain that she has a milk protein allergy. I had cut way back on my dairy intake, but decided to have a glass of milk to go with some cookies. The pediatrician said that babies with milk protein allergies often also have a soy allergy, so I need to cut that out too until all symptoms disappear. Poor baby.
Wednesday dawned a new and better day, but on Thursday we hit another downturn. Her inability to nap well takes it's toll on her mood as she gets overstimulated. Again I missed my Hotsling - my surefire way to calm and sooth her when she can't sleep.
I enjoy working from home, though face quite a challenge with Charlotte's current unpredictability. Her bad days keep me from completing as much work as I would like.

The crown jewel of our week came Saturday night. Fred and I took Charlotte with us to a Christmas party. She fell asleep in one of the hostesses' bedroom and slept there while we partied until 12:30 AM! We would have stayed until the bitter end, but the necessary baby monitor ran out of juice.

Santa came early to our house! (What can he say, he just can't contain his excitement about the gifts he has for Charlee!)

1 comment:
Really cute pics! And I love the wagon! :-)
Hope Charlotte settles down a bit and allows you a bit more time to get things done for work. She doesn't mean to be high maintenance... :-)
Post a Comment